You can't compare yourself to anyone. People have told me this for years. And yet I can't grasp the concept. When friends of mine would get a new car or life was going well for them, I felt that my life was incomplete. It hasn't changed. Elder Holland's good words "We are not Diminished when someone else is added upon," was a powerful statement to me, and yet it is hard for me to comprehend.
I could say it is just because I have had friends that are petty and show themselves off, and whether that is true or not, it doesn't matter.
This all ties back into the Small Fish in a Big Sea post I blogged about a year ago. It is so easy to get lost in a world of many good people. But we were never meant to be lost. It is easy to count your weaknesses against others strengths, but would Heavenly Father do the same? Would He judge us by comparing us to others? I indeed hope not. Wouldn't that be a depressing judgement day.
Heavenly Father looks at us individually. He doesn't compare us to others.
I admit that I have yet to still be comfortable in my own skin. To love myself as I should. It has taken me years but I will continue to try my best to understand that I don't need to be like anyone else except for myself.
I have crazy wavy red hair and it will never be straight unless you tackle it for an hour with a straightener. I like to sing and dance when I get really happy and no one can stop me. I like to laugh and be silly and tease others. I like to be poor and have an old car that I paid for and am trying to sell again. I have a family who is crazy and fun but keep me sane all the while. I have a boyfriend who won't Give Up On me, despite my fears and anxiety, and I love him for this. This is MY life. My Story. I would be very sad to pick up a novel and have all of the princess fairytales be the same. Because they aren't. And Life isn't a Fairytale. Life is a Beautiful Journey with stumbles and bumps along the road. Perhaps there will be moments of Fairytale in our Life, and won't that be wonderful...but it won't come by comparing ourselves to others.
Learn to be Happy With Who You Are. Not everyone has to like you, but Learn to like yourself.
Sincerely,
Kristalyn

1 comments:
Love this. Love you
Post a Comment