
I wish I had more time to just breathe in the air, take it all in and enjoy it for what it's worth. Thankfully, I believe I am halfway done with the semester!!! It has been a rough one, and I am so excited to go home for the holidays to my family.
When I was young, I lived down the street from BYU. I dreamed of going to BYU ever since I can remember. I have blue blood flowing through my veins, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was genetic. I never thought that when I actually did come to the Y, that it would be so hard. That I would feel so alone. So weak. I truly am thankful that Heavenly Father doesn't let my life be all peaches and cream....or else I wouldn't grow and progress.
I bombed another test the other day. Notice that I said another. I was sad and despite the prettiness of the bike ride home, I was miserable. I got to my apartment--grabbed my leftover Subway sandwich, my journal and several special letters. I didn't know where I was going, but I couldn't stay home.
I walked to the stadium...which is rather close by. I sat down. Under an Acorn Tree. And it was actually quite nice. Tears fell from my eyes as the weight of my worries came crashing down. I called my mom. She has cancer. And she cheered me up. Her life is in danger and she took the time to still love me and help me calm down.
The Lord has blessed my family so much. My mom's tumors have shrunk in half and she is only on the 3rd Chemotherapy treatment. I still have yet to understand how I feel about all of this, but I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father.
Perhaps I should sit under more Acorn Tree's.
Until then, I am thankful for all that I have. For my parents. My siblings. My best friend. My sweetheart. And for the gospel.

2 comments:
You made mom cry!!! and me too.
You're just the best.
I'm really glad that I got to see you this weekend! Sorry you had to take off to the real world so fast.
Post a Comment