Thursday, May 19, 2011

East Coast Trip

I had a fantastic time! (other than the plane rides)
Right after I graduated from Snow College, I headed out to the East Coast for a fun trip with my bishop (president of Snow College) and some people from school.
First stop.

Boston

I really enjoyed Boston. I was so amazed at how close together everything was--all of the buildings were squished so tightly.
I decided that I absolutely LOVE burial grounds and graveyards! :)
I was able to see Paul Revere's home, Boston Commons and the Old North Church. It truly was amazing!



On to Concord!
I enjoyed Concord so much. We went on an 8-mile bike ride through the town and past all the beautiful homes! I decided that I am going to live there! We also went through the fields--it was so peaceful. I could hardly imagine the Bloody Angle taking place because it was so calm and quiet.


I really wished I could have taken more pictures...but seeing as we were on a bike ride, that didn't happen.

Now. A long ride to NEW YORK CITY!! WOOOOOOOO!
"New York...Concrete Jungle where Dreams are Made Of.."

Times Square was crazy! Lights EVERYWHERE. Cops everywhere. People everywhere. Everything was so overpriced.



I was constantly amazed at how much LIFE is in New York. So many people!!!!!



Central Park! :) It was massive!
Then...
on to PHILADELPHIA
it was sooo RAINY! BAH!!



I loved Philadelphia. It was so much more refined than New York. With flowers spilling out of the windowsills. :)


I also ate a Philly Cheese Steak. Mmm Mmm Good.
and on to
Valley Forge


It was so peaceful there and beautiful.
It was probably my favorite place we went to. And it spread out for miles. Miles of green rolling hills and trees.
FINALLY! TO Washington D.C.!






We went to so many different places. And still could have been there for another week or two.






I had a wonderful experience back East. I learned so many things and I do appreciate Utah for the beautiful place it is. Everything about the East Coast was so foreign to me--here was this little girl from Utah.
I am so thankful that I had the chance to go. It was Well Worth It.



4 comments:

Rachel said...

You are so lucky you got to go there. I am so jealous. I know you learned a lot from that trip!!!

Linda Liebhardt said...

What a great TRIP!! Wow! You saw a lot of stuff. I have a photo of the Concord River as my computer wallpaper--taken from about the very same spot, I believe. Nice. And I'm very jealous that you got to go on a bike ride through there. That would have been Wonderful to be. I was on a shuttle. Thanks for a fun post.

Meagan said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! It's fun to see these pictures again, I'm so glad you were able to go :). Love you!! You are snoozing on my bed right now hehe :) See you when you wake up :).

PS- I love the way you re-did your background! :)

Whitnée said...

I am so glad you got to go out there, isn't it amazing?! :) Love ya!