I realized I was going to a place where there would be different standards, but yet I didn't. I hadn't heard swearing in such a long time, that it brought me back to reality. The reality of the world.
My boyfriend and I went and sat up in he balcony. A long line of people started heading our way. I realized that they were in line for alcohol. The concert would not start for another hour but the amount of people to grab a beer greatly surprised me.
The concert finally started and we had a wonderful time. I was still struck by the people that got more beer and refills for their alcohol. I was surprised that they could even walk straight.
All of my life, I have been taught to live the Word of Wisdom, and I have done that proudly, without temptation. This night was no exception. My boyfriend and I almost felt like the outcasts because we weren't drinking and swearing. I was proud to be one of the sober ones at the concert.
Living the Word of Wisdom brings us closer to Heavenly Father and allows us to live better and healthier. The next day was Fast Sunday, and I bore my testimony of the recent events--because I am SO SO So grateful for the standards of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I can be in the world but not of it!
Ever since I was little, I knew that the gospel was true. I knew the church was the vehicle in which to bring the truth to others. Despite my doubt, I have moved forward and don't know where I would be without the gospel today. I Know the Gospel is Truth.
I have tried my best to Live the Gospel in my life. I have had wonderful examples--my parents, siblings, family and friends. Living the gospel doesn't just mean not taking a beer. It means so much more than that. Living the gospel is an ongoing process that takes place for the rest of our lives. Living the gospel means living the way that Jesus Christ would live. It means doing your family history work, waking up at 2 in the morning to help your father and grandfather, it means enduring to the end and having faith that God has a plan for you.
Knowing and Living the Gospel is wonderful, and I realized that it brings true joy. It brings a love for the gospel that I had never known. I Love the gospel. I love the teachings and principles that it brings. I know that I have so much more to learn. So much more to gain, and to endure. I am grateful that my testimony could be strengthened so strongly at a rock concert. Who knew that God would be there to impress my heart?
I am so thankful for the gospel. I know that it is the truest church on the earth. Doubts and fears come into my mind, but
"I Believe in Christ, so Come What May. . ."
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know it. I live it. I love it.

0 comments:
Post a Comment