First and foremost, I am not a hiker. Once I am up in the mountains hiking I am fine, but thinking about it, . . . I really dislike the idea.
Well my friend and I set out to the Y trail. Being the poor college students we are, we rode our bikes there from our apartment. It was a hike before we even got to the hike. I love old Provo and the winding roads, but little did I know they have some hilly areas. As you can see from this picture. . . I was rather pathetic. . .
We were exhausted before we even got to the trail. Barely able to breathe, I looked up at the Y on the mountain and I didn't know what I had gotten myself into. I was so tired already.
Well, nonetheless, we started the hike, and ended up having a great time. Turn after turn after turn, and we finally made it to the white Y. As I sat on the white-washed stone and looked around at Heavenly Father's beautiful creations and the creations of man, I was taken back. The birds-eye view of Provo looked so different.
I realized that in life, we all have our own "mountains" to climb. It isn't until we start to climb that we can make any progress. Each step of the hike, I could turn around and look how much higher I had climbed. But it takes persistence and faith. And I am not always sure what Faith is. Is Faith putting your heart out somewhere, hoping for something good to happen? I feel like Faith is a culmination of several things. Your heart. Your mind. Your trust in God.
At the top of the hike, where the Y was, I could see how far I had come. But it was not until I had reached the Top. The climb was the hardest part obviously, but because of it, I made it to the Top.
I can do Hard Things. Even if I had to stop every 10 feet to breathe, I conquered the hike. I am thankful for opportunities where I can be challenged and stretched. If it was not for these, I would never grow.
"I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."




0 comments:
Post a Comment