"God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars."
Martin Luther
Tonight I went on a fun date to the Planetarium. I haven't been there since I was a little girl in elementary school. I remember going there on a field trip. I walked into the planetarium today with the same excitement I did as a little curly redheaded girl. Little did I know that I would have such an amazing experience.
As the Lights dimmed, and the giant dome filled up with darkness and Stars. . . I began to see another side of Heaven that I was not aware of. Giant stars. Formation of stars. Supernovas. The Celestial beauty of the stars, the sun, and earth were beyond my comprehension, yet I could taste a little bit of Heaven. I realized how close to Heaven we really are. Heavenly Father truly loves His Children----and yet, I have a hard time with this. Just like when I started at BYU, I felt like a little fish in a giant sea.
Now I am a Star. There are millions and millions of Stars in the night sky. There are universes beyond our own, filled with even more Stars. A Single Star shines for millions of years and is beautiful to look at when you are on the roof at night. If I saw myself as a single Star, perhaps my perspective would change a little bit. Yes, there are stars out there that are bigger and more beautiful than me, but I help make up the beautiful night sky. Perhaps one of these days I will understand that I am a part of God's beautiful creations. That I don't have to compare myself to others and that I can just love me for me. Perhaps one day.
"If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Friday, April 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Thanks for that great perspective.
Post a Comment