I have written a lot on my blog. About hard times (and trust me, they just keep coming), trips, my mom's cancer, and life in general.
But I know I have not talked about one person like I should have:
My Dad. Richard Williams, preferably Rick. Born in the 50's and might I add he was very stylish with the sideburns, platform shoes, and bell bottoms. Went to Argentina on a mission. Attended BYU and received a Masters Degree there. Met my mom around the ripe old age of 36 and they got married. And they lived Happily Ever After.
But did they? Well. . . yes, they did. But there were trials on the way.
As mentioned before, my Dad got his Masters Degree in Education. He is sharp, intelligent, and a goofball, but I love him. He worked at what is now UVU for a period of time, but left to join a company with his friend when I was younger. He lost his job when I was about 8 or 9. I remember sitting in our little kitchen in Provo. We were out of money, and my parents were distressed. I know that as young kids, we did not understand what was going on. But now..I can only imagine. I can try to understand why my Dad would stay up all hours in the night. . stressing about how to make money.
Well, we moved in with my Grandparents. We have been there ever since. It has been a blessing for us. My Dad has applied to job after job after job over the years, and never..never anything. He is so talented and educated, and it breaks my heart when I see how he works so hard each and every day selling gemstones off of Ebay. But Dad, thank you. Thank you for taking care of our family. It means so much to all of us.
You might not be the richest man in the world, but you have made a wonderful life for your wife and children. You really have. We have been raised in a home where the spirit is so strong. You never wavered from the gospel, despite all of the hard trials. I have seen you grow. Grow into more than just a father, but a friend. A wonderful man that deserves the best. I am sorry I have let you down Daddy. I never wanted to. Thank you for always loving me, despite my shortcomings. I know you love your family very much. You would die for any of us. You have a son out on a mission and 4 beautiful daughters to drive you crazy in the meantime, but I know you love all of us.
I love you Dad. So much. You are one of the greatest examples I have in my life. We are similar in several ways. . and yeah, that might make things hard. . . but I am glad that I brought some fire back into your life. Because through the fire, comes the refining, right?
I can't wait until the day when our family can always be together. In Our Heaven. Because of the decisions you made, we can be together forever, if we are faithful. And you can sleep on that little cloud all day if you like, and no one will mind.
We love you Dad. I Love you. You are appreciated and I admire you so much. Thank you for being a worthy Priesthood holder, for helping me and for making me laugh.
Love,
Kristalyn. Aka...Kiki
Thursday, March 29, 2012
This Man.
Posted on 8:05 PM by Kristalyn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment