Thursday, February 10, 2011

Life goes on

Well, my grandpa Richard Shelton Williams passed away on January 28, 2011. A month before this, he was relatively okay. He went downhill very fast. It was hard for me to see him during Christmas Break. I realized how terrible I had acted towards both my grandparents in the past, and I wanted to fix it. I went and apologized to my grandpa, but who knows if he was really able to understand.
I am still in awe of all he accomplished during his life. He did so much--he wrote books that he would never publish, he had numerous callings, and he raised a wonderful family.
I wish I could say that I know what happens after death. I do think I will see him again, but whether I will be important to him, is what bothers me. I suppose I will never fully understand, and that is okay for now.
His funeral service was glorious.
My brother was able to help my grandpa a lot during the last few months of his life. My heart just melted when I came home during the break---I saw my sweet brother wake up at 2 in the morning to go and take grandpa to the bathroom. I don't know if he knows how much that means to me--but he is such a blessing. Like my dad said during a conversation, he saw Richie "turn into a man" during this time.So after the funeral, I came back to school. How am I supposed to go back to normal life after this weekend where an important person in my life has left this earth?!
It seems so odd. But Life goes on.
It does.
I am so thankful for my family. My brother, and cute sisters. Mama, and papa, and puppy. For Meagan and Thorin.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love you Kiki. From Rachel!

Kristalyn said...

thank you sweetie! I love you too!!