Last Thursday night, my mom went to the Emergency Room. She hadn't been feeling too well--they found 6 masses in various places of her abdomen. They guessed and still think that it is Lymphoma cancer. I found out Friday morning and was in complete shock. Almost everyone that heard about it was.
There have been 2 hard parts for me:
Waiting. I am not a patient girl, and I want to know what is wrong right away. Unfortunately, it has been a week, and we still are not sure how bad the cancer is.
Not being able to tell Richie. He is a missionary at the MTC right now. He just barely left!! I knew this would break his heart when he found out. My parents were able to talk to him a couple of days ago. It hit him hard. His spiritual strength was incredible though. (Read his blog)
I want Faith. Faith to heal wounds. Faith to Endure to the End, No Matter What.
I have amazing parents. My Mom is seriously the sweetest person on earth that I know. She is so Christlike. She taught me how to pray and to know who Jesus was. I love her very much. My Mom really is an Angel.
My parents have no health insurance. We are very poor (but happy) and despite all this, my Dad says to Let Those Worries Go. My Dad has more trust in the Lord than I have. He watched as his sweet father grew sick and died. And Now This. He has the kind of Faith that I want.
Although this has all been difficult, I have felt peace throughout this experience, and I know that I will throughout the rest of it.
I appreciate all of your prayers.
And I Love you Mom and Dad. So Very Much.

0 comments:
Post a Comment